The CEIAG (Careers Education Information Advice Guidance) provision in a Delta Academy has been designed to positively support you to acquire the educational, social and employability skills necessary for lifelong success in a diverse and changing world of work. Our Careers Programme is personalised to the academy in conjunction with our partners at Progress Careers.
Careers Education and is provided though:
- Subject Lessons, – Information and discussions in with a subject specific focus to help you make decisions about careers based on subject knowledge and transferable skills.
- Tutorials, Assemblies & EPC Lessons – Discussions and resources about the local market information, growth job sectors and
- Step Up Days – Events such as employability days
Information, Advice & Guidance is provided through:
- Careers Cafes & Careers Fairs – Employers, Colleges and Universities will visit the school on a regular basic to talk to you about their industry and how to train and qualify for role in that sector.
- Progress Careers Portal – You have access to our online Careers Portal.
- Results Service – a team of advisers will be able to talk through you needs on results day to help you confirm your intended destination.
- Qualified 1-2-1 Guidance – You also have access to a qualified careers advisor, who will provide confidential and impartial advice to students on the information they have received or to help guide students to make fully informed decisions.
- Planning for the future – if you have a career idea but want to find out the best route for you or if you have no career ideas our advisers can help you create career ideas around your interests and skills.
- GCSE & A Level Options – Choosing your options and what would best suit you.
- Apprenticeships – Finding work or an apprenticeship, including job hunting techniques including mock interviews
- Parents Evenings – Access to careers advisers in a variety of ways including individual meetings, drop-in sessions, enrichment activities, parents and option evenings and on results days
- Technology – Information and updates will also be available on notice boards, plasma screens and the websites
How to gain Further Careers Information
Here at The Laurel we are keen to make sure that all learners have access to a sound careers provision. If you would like any further careers information or guidance then please feel free to get in touch with Mr Whaley (Careers Lead) at firstname.lastname@example.org or our specialist careers advisor Sophie Short at ShortS1@laurelacademy.org.uk.
We will be more than happy to help and can arrange a specialist careers appointment at a convenient time for yourself.