We believe that students deserve a broad and ambitious EPC curriculum, rich in skills and knowledge, which ignites curiosity and prepares them well for future learning or employment. Our EPC curriculum will give students the opportunity to:
- Explore different cultures, beliefs and opinions to develop students understanding of the world and to help the to create their own views about relevant issues;
- Enhance students reading ability through the delivery of carefully chosen texts to support reciprocal reading;
- Enjoy a wide range of topic areas that include ethics, philosophy, economical wellbeing and issues relating to modern life;
- Develop cultural capital that will help remove barriers to achievement in school, future learning and the world of work;
- Experience learning that is ‘outside the academic’ throughout the year;
- Develop an understanding of Relationship and Sexual Education including healthy relationships and LGBTQ+ relationships;
- Articulate and express their ideas, views and opinions about a wide range of topics clearly, confidently and respectfully;
- Develop their character, including resilience, confidence and independence, so that they contribute positively to the life of the school, their local community and the wider environment.
- Bring together elements of other subjects and give real life context so students can understand how what they learn across the academy can be applied to their lives now and into the future.