Free School Meals
We understand that we are currently within challenging times and that circumstances for families may have changed and therefore we would encourage those parents that meet the eligibility criteria for Free School Meals to apply via the government website or by contacting your Local Authority directly.
Note: The Government website will allow you to enter your postcode and then direct you to the Local Authority (LA) website.
The criteria for FSM, which are also detailed on the above website, are as follows:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
When we have received notification from the LA that your child has qualified for FSM, we will once again restart to issue FSM vouchers.
E Tesco Vouchers – Easter Holiday
Although the government will not be covering FSM vouchers over the Easter holidays – it has been decided that we will continue to honour our original commitment to families by providing FSM supermarket vouchers to those eligible for FSM